A very late blog post. Things have been going pretty hectic.
1st. Locked myself out of my running car after school.
2nd. Tons of marking to do.
3rd. Chasing after kids to hand in their stuff so they DON'T get a zero.
Teaching the 9 applied Math has been an eye opener. I have never taught a grade that is lower than 11 before. The materials in Math is much less, and there is more time for kids to do their homework. I find that more classroom management is required. I definitely got nice practice with wait time and a chance to get mean and 'yell' at the students when they are being very disruptive. At first, I was hesitant, but my associate gave me pointers and tips and it definitely paid off. I think my classroom management has gotten better, but a lot of work is still required.
Definitely planned to do much more tech in the Math course, but it was just such a hassle to get the projector and smartboard each period. I also asked the kids if they cared or really wanted the SB. Their responses were:
We don't care.
Use the whiteboard instead.
SB is only good if I (the student) get to play with it.
Tomorrow is the last day of practicum and on Sunday I'll be flying to Hong Kong. I'll miss my associate school. Been there for all 3 blocks and definitely built bonds between many students that I have 'taught'. It is a shame that I have to leave the badminton team as their season just started.
My 12C physics kids did their catapult project today. I think it turned out MUCH better than I expected! On the practice day, I was thinking that it was going to fall apart, but today, almost all the groups pulled through and brought in their catapults and we definitely had fun. I am very proud of them. Definitely looking forward to March break!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.