Well I have accepted the offer from a school in China. It is located on the south eastern part of china. They were hiring quite a few teachers this year (~35 positions at TORF). I went into that interview without much expectations as I have gotten a rejection letter by one of the schools prior to the interview. Fortunately the interview must have went pretty well as I was in and out of the room in 14 minutes with an offer. I really liked the school because they use the ON curriculum which I am familiar with, and will be possible to transfer my teaching experience back to Canada. But at this point I am looking forward to the orientation in Aug, I still cannot believe I am going to China! TORF has definitely been an emotional roller coaster, and I would definitely want to go back!
Slowmation:
What can I say? It is amazing. I really enjoyed making my own slowmation and I think that students would love it as well. It is just a fun way for them to be engaged and at the same time allow them to be creative. The best thing is that students get to be the teacher and express their views and teach others on a specific area. One of the groups did a math topic (Pythagoras), I thought that was certainly a great example and will be using that explanation in my future lessons. One thing that maybe of concern is to get the IT guy in the school to install the SAM animation software onto all the computers in a computer lab, in addition, most schools don't have mics connected to the computers so there maybe a budget issue as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.