Started the 1st week of of my 3rd block. Everything is going great. With a new associate this time and very excited to be teaching Math. It'll be an interesting experience, as I have always been with grade 11 and 12s Physics throughout my concurrent practicums and even my TC year.
The 9 applied Math classes are great. Very nice kids and are willing to work hard (most of them). A lot of them come for extra help which is great and they just did their 1st test and most of them did fairly well. I haven't actually started yet, as my associated and I decided it was best for me to start fresh on a new unit. I have taken most of the ideas from my associate as I have never done this before and transferred his ideas and added some new concepts onto smartboard.
This time around, my classroom doesn't have a smartboard, so it'll be a hassle to book a smartboard and wheel it to class everytime... We will see if I can keep up with this! Will be teaching my first 9 applied math tomorrow and we shall see how well it goes. The teaching style is very different in math as compared to Physics and it'll be a worthwhile experience to see these differences and maybe similarities.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.