It has been awhile since I blogged. Why? Probably because of practicum, the needed December break and then the hurdle for TORF and other job applications.
So far not much update in terms of exciting concepts being taught in TC. However, I do thank Tom for all the POEs, they are all great demonstrations to get kids intrigued! Depends on where I will be next year, I'll definitely try to make that hovercraft!! Very cool. My associate does something called 'Phys-Ability' (I am probably going to steal his idea) which counts towards students' MC marks and maybe a way to get students to build it for me (haha....).
I am not completely sure if this is the case, but maybe I am not absorbing as much in Teacher's College at the moment maybe the fact that I have so much on my plate. TORF has just blown me out of the water, with all the documents and other things we have to prepare. Even though the package has been handed in, I now have to practice for the interview (fingers-crossed). Many have told me that finding a job internationally will not be a problem. I think it'll be a once in a life time thing that I will be able to do before settling down; not only will it provide me with great professional development (sharing ideas with teachers in another culture/country), but it'll provide me with possibility to travel. What better way to gain stories than to travel? I believe that students will enjoy me bringing the Canadian culture into their classroom. I do plan on coming back to Canada, but maybe at least a few years from now.
At the moment stress and excitement is building ....
The stress from making 5-6 cover letters everyday and applying to various schools around the world. Honestly, I would prefer to go to Asia for international teaching. However, I have been to many Asian countries already... Many have said that after TORF, they accepted offers in countries that they never dream of going. Maybe the same will happen to me... I guess it really boils down to finding the balance of saving potential and the excitement of exploring new places.
Tom if you are reading, what places would you suggest me going?
I am a bit intimidated by the fact that if I were to land in a country where I have no knowledge in the language. I was never good at learning new languages (bad experience from elementary and high school french). I guess if I were stuck in that place long enough, I can pick it up.... That is what everyone says all the time. On one hand I would love for a change in environment (living in Canada for way too long!), on the other hand, I find that communicating in English essential for me.
Have been in contact with Eric, and he was nice enough to keep me up to date with his school's vacancies in Hong Kong. But it is incredible how there will be approximately 8.5k people being certified to be teachers this year in Ontario. They should really regulate the total number of applicants allowed into TCs. However, I guess just like nature, there will probably be a decline enrollment for next year with all the negative job prospect for teachers. I guess these things are just like the financial market, booms and busts.
Well, I'm sure I'll probably have more to post for next week from Wed's presentations and also as I am getting closer to TORF (Jan 28).
Bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.